Ready for some exciting news?!
1. I began marathon training Monday for the Space Coast Marathon. Fingers crossed that I avoid injury this time around and finally am able to tackle my first full marathon!
|I'm working hard to really stay on track by recording actual workouts in black over my color-coded prescribed workouts.|
|Despite the "cool" temperatures in the mornings, I'm still combating 90+% humidity, which makes breathing tough. My tempo run tomorrow is scaring me already!|
2. Remember when I was a finalist for MLB's All Star Teachers? Yeah, I found out this week that I won! Matt and I will be going to Minnesota for the All Star Game, plus I'll get to participate in all kinds of special events. If you voted thank you. This is surreal. I've already given an interview for a local paper...I feel like I'm dreaming!
|The 29 other selected teachers are simply amazing. I'm in great company! Check them all out here: www.allstarteachers.com.|
3. Thursday is Matt's and my fourth wedding anniversary. I'm hoping to put together a blog post, but maybe I'll reuse last year's. Is that the height of laziness?
|Feels like yesterday/forever ago.|
4. I get to go to South Florida this weekend to meet some of my online running buddies from the Sub30 Club! I'm beyond excited to meet these amazing women in person!
5. I finally bought a running skirt. The neon yellow and flounce totally deserve their own mention!
|I can't wait to try this baby out!|
So yeah, it's been a big, exciting week, and it looks like next week will be more of the same! This is shaping up to be a wonderful summer!
How has your week been?
Do you like running skirts?
Have you had the opportunity to meet online running buddies?