I'm spending my first official Saturday of winter break finishing grades and cleaning the house for potential guests, so today's post is going to be super random. I haven't been running this week because for some reason the week leading up to break is more exhausting than normal school weeks; I'm excited to get to run on my own terms for the next couple weeks.
So, let the random begin!
1. The lovely people at People/Target/MLB put together a 100-page, full-color photobook for this summer's All Star Teachers and mine came in the mail a little while ago. It's absolutely gorgeous and captures all the best memories from the trip. I am so grateful that they thought to do this for all of us!
2. December for teachers means sweet gifts from students. I never expect them but I definitely appreciate them. One student got me this absolutely gorgeous nutcracker. I've never had one before and it's such an original gift!
3. Still on the topic of holiday gifts, most of my students give me Christmas gifts, but one in particular this year remembered that I'm Jewish. It's a little thing that really made my day; plus, she spelled Hanukkah right!
4. If you missed it on Instagram, I finally cut my hair. I love my stylist so much; she always knows exactly what I want. I showed her some pictures and told her I was ready to chop it all off and this was the result. I was grinning through the entire cut; I didn't have even one second of remorse as six inches of hair fell to the floor.
5. I found these little snack packs of olives and am addicted. I love olives and I love the convenience of these packs. You know the theory that pickle juice is good for cramps during long races? I wonder if olives would have a similar effect. I plan on experimenting with these next time I'm training for a marathon.
I was only going to post five, but here's a bonus...I'm having a hard time finishing this post because someone decided to take a nap on my keyboard:
Do you like olives?
Share something random!