Meg Go Run nominated me at the end of 2013, and her questions were just too fun not to answer!
1. How did you come up with the name for your blog? I wanted something that had running in the title and had to do with perseverance...Hit the Ground Running just kind of popped into my head!
2. What would your memoir be called? Awkward Moments: Living with Bitchy Resting Face.
3. What is your "day job"? I teach language arts and reading to 8th graders. It's pretty awesome.
4. What are 3 of your proudest fitness accomplishments? 1) the first time I successfully ran a mile without taking a walk break. 2) Going to the gym alone, despite my anxiety disorder. 3) My last half marathon, which I ran while sick. It was horrendous, but I really proved something to myself that day.
|That time I discovered my students read my blog.|
5. You HAVE to change your first name. What do you change it to? Penelope.
6. What is the best concert you've ever been to? Okay this is embarrassing, but I rarely go to concerts. The best would have to be my first, which was *NSync with Britney Spears opening. I didn't even know I knew the band until they took the stage, and then I was like "Oh my gosh, I know all these songs! WOOOO!! I LOVE YOU JC OMG!!!"
7. Tell me some things on your bucket list. Run a race in another country; sky dive; run in snow.
|Can we just bask in the beauty of the 90s for a moment?|
8. Describe your dream house. My dream house would overlook the ocean but have forest/mountains behind it. It would have lots of windows and balconies perfectly set up for eating breakfast while watching the water.
9. Name a celebrity you find oddly attractive, one that wouldn't usually occupy one's 'hottest celeb list'. Jeff Goldblum.
10. Tell me 5 of your favorite blogs. I went with running blogs but there are plenty I follow that aren't. Check out my "What I'm Reading" tab to see more...although it needs to be updated!
|I don't know, I just love him!|
- Heather at Girl Goes Running
- Kristina at Blog About Running
- Rachel at Life. Or Something Like It.
- Beth at Shut Up and Run
- Janelle at Run With No Regrets
What are you doing this week to make sure your new year starts out as sunny as possible?
What's something I might not know about you?