Anyway! A few weeks ago those uplifting, warmth-inducing awards we all know and love made the rounds again, and I feel so lucky to have been nominated by three different, amazing bloggers who make my feed so entertaining and inspiring!
Courteney at Runner Girl nominated me for the Sunshine Award, given to bloggers who are inspiring, creative, and positive! I have been making a concentrated effort to be as positive as possible since my rut in January of last year, so being recognized makes me feel like I've been doing a pretty good job!
Jessica at Run Your Mutt Off and Heather at Girl Goes Running both nominated me for the Liebster Award. This award is meant to promote new bloggers; Liebster is German and can be translated to mean dearest, lovely, and valued. What a sweet award!
Questions from Heather:
1. What is your favourite distance to run? Okay, first of all, I love that Canadians use the British spelling of words. I think my favorite distance for running is 5 miles, but for racing it's the half marathon. It's just the perfect distance for a real challenge that leaves you feeling that you've really accomplished something!
2. When did you start running? In 2009! It's the only New Year's resolution I've ever kept.
3. What is your favourite brand of running shoe? Asics. I really love my Kayanos, but I love trying out new brands all the time.
5. Favourite post-run snack? Chocolate milk. It's pretty much the only thing I can stomach after a run.
6. What made you start blogging? I wanted to keep myself more accountable. Blogging has been such a great gift. I love the blogging community, it has helped me reach out to friends and encourage them to begin running, and it has definitely helped me stay on track!
7. Do you have a pet? If so what kind? I've got little Archie, of course!
9. What is your favourite TV show? I have a whole list! Shamefully, I watch Real Housewives (but only certain cities). I also love Community, Suburgatory, Bones, and The Daily Show and Colbert Report.
10. What do you do with your race bibs? I keep them on the medal-holder I made for myself!
|I seriously need to take an updated pic...I'm in need of new hooks I've accumulated so many medals lately!|
Questions from Jessica:
1. What is your favorite race you’ve run, and why? My most recent half, probably, because I signed up alone and did most of my training alone. I learned a lot about myself in this race. It wasn't a PR, but I had more fun and felt more positive than in any other race I've run!
2. Who is your biggest supporter/fan? Definitely my husband. He cheers me on at 98% of my races, and even runs some of them with me. He would have a right to complain about how much money I drop on running clothes, shoes, and races, but he always encourages me to trust my instinct and get what I want/need.
4. What is your tried-and-true pre-race meal? Dinner the night before is either sushi or spaghetti with meat sauce, hands down. Breakfast is a banana, peanut butter and honey toast, and coffee.
5. Have you met any of your twitter/blogger friends in real life? If so, when & where? I've met one of my blog friends from BEFORE blogger...I'm talking the days of Livejournal! She came to my wedding, and I can't wait to return the favor and go to hers in October this year!
6. What is your favorite non-running workout or exercise? I have lately become obsessed with squats. Someday I'll even learn to do them with weights! haha
7. Tell me the most memorable thing about your wedding or someone’s wedding that you’ve attended. A friend of ours surprised us by requesting the Hora from the DJ. We hadn't planned to do it, but it was so fun, I know my family loved that extra Jewish touch, and it really made the night special.
8. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things could you not live without? Carmex, my kindle (and WiFi so I'd never run out of books and music), and Matt.
9. What is the last book you read? I just finished Hollow City by Ransom Riggs. If you liked Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I highly recommend it.
10. What is your all time favorite book? This isn't fair! I'm an English teacher! This is like asking a parent which kid is their favorite...it depends on the day of the week ;o)
11. Pick one – pizza, beer and a movie OR pasta, wine and a good book. Why? Love this question, but I wish I could mix and match. I really prefer wine and a good book, but I'd take pizza over pasta any day! (Gluten free, of course!)
It's truly awesome to me that the blogging community can really bring people together. I hope to be able to run with all these far-away friends someday!
The only thing I hate about these awards is having to choose just a handful of people to share them with. So many small blogs have so much to offer! Comment below with a synopsis of you blog and the URL...I encourage everyone to check out a blog that's new to them from the comments!