Courteney over at Runner Girl nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! This is one I haven't seen before, and I feel honored to receive it because the purpose - like its name suggests - is to shed light on the blogs that inspire you. Thank you so much, Courteney!
The award calls for me to share seven things about myself, so I've decided to go random:
1. I love to bake. I find it extremely therapeutic, and it helps that I have a sweet tooth and enjoy eating what I bake when it's all done!
|My first time baking a gluten free apple pie...We ate it all before I had a chance to take an after picture.|
|Flourless chocolate cake and vanilla whipped cream, both homemade.|
2. I am terrified of sea creatures, but most specifically whales and manatees. I get teased for this all the time, but phobias don't answer to logic; I can't help it!
|My brother-in-law sent this to me just to tease me...|
|...a colleague got this for me as a joke.|
3. I'm extremely introverted and have been known to have panic attacks before going out to see friends and family...even when they're people I like and want to spend time with! It's nothing personal, I'm just neurotic.
4. Despite having run dozens of races of various distances, I still sometimes feel like an imposter.
|I have this. I swear.|
5. I love to write fiction. I've written over a dozen manuscripts since the time I was thirteen, but I'm too chicken to even think about publishing.
6. I don't want kids of my own. There's a possibility that years down the line Matt and I may look into adoption of an older child, but we're not interested in having kids ourselves. (This doesn't mean I don't like kids! You kind of have to in order to be a teacher!)
7. I am a voracious reader, but sometimes I have trouble finding new books that interest me, so I tend to reread my favorites. (Gone with the Wind: 14 times; Harry Potter series: 8 times; Outlander series: 3 times. The Dark Tower series: 3 times; my favorite Stephen King books: countless times.)
|My bookshelves are exploding...the shelves are stacked 4-layers deep. How many SK novels can you spot?|
The last step of accepting this award is passing it on to any number of bloggers that you find inspirational. I'm going to keep this list short today. The following blogs inspire me; I hope they inspire you!
Kristina @ Blog About Running and Life because she has come so far and continues to make huge progress on her quest to run an ultra.
Heather @ Girl Goes Running because she is a consistently strong runner, and reading about her training always gives me hope that I can someday be that kind of runner. (Plus she's an awesome teacher!)
Cori @ Olive to Run because she is honest and true to herself without worrying about what others think, which I completely admire.
Meg @ Meg Go Run because despite injury and anything else life throws at her, she is determined and hardworking and always overcomes.
Do you reread books multiple times?
What's a weird fear you have?
Share something random about yourself!